Tuesday, December 30, 2008

New Years Resolutions

(EDIT: This will be the last post for a few days...going on a quickie tour up the central coast! Hoping to come back with some more great pics and tips for you all! I'll be back the 3rd so Happy New year to all you faithful readers!)

It's that time again.

Anyone have any bicycling resolutions this year?

Bikehugger had a great one:

be more tolerant of Triathletes, as they’re 1/3 cyclists.


For me, I really hear the road calling this year. I've been half-dreaming of doing a cross-country trip and this year feels like it is the year. At the very least, I hope to do a mini bike tour every month. I also want to combine my different passions (photography, touring and writing) into something that will make some (more) money.

Anyone else?

5 comments:

Dan said...

Not so much a resolution as a plan, but I hope to ride a few days of RAGBRAI again this year.

Ian Watkins said...

I am hoping to ride 365 days in 2009. I will say at least 1 mile a day, but if I only ride to and from work that is 2 miles each day, I just have to find a way to ride the other 104 days...

Eye Ball said...

Russ, you should consider putting together an Epicurean Cyclist guide/handbook. With lots of beautiful photos.

As for me, I would like to get my @ss on the saddle more.

JPTwins said...

have a great trip. although i know a cross country trip is not happening for me for a while, i'm looking forward to getting my family (wife and 4 year old twins) out on more multi-day biking adventures...

russ, we got a place to stay in boston if you want!

The Village Scribe said...

I haven't made any firm resolutions, but I like the idea of just stepping up my commitment level overall. Making a sincere effort to ride every single day, even if only a couple of times around the block, sounds pretty good.

If you do a cross-country tour, you should put out a call for places to crash, get a free meal, and do any necessary tune-ups on your bike. And for those who may not be in a position to offer those services, perhaps they could simply make themselves available for free roadside assistance if you break down within, say, 50 miles of their house.