Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Favorite Snap from Yesterday (yes...with a G10)



This has to be one of my favorite pics from yesterday. I did my BW conversion in Lightroom and added a tilt/shift effect in Photoshop. I really wanted to emphasize the smallness of the rider compared to the mountain. The rider (Chris) really gives the whole photo a sense of scale. I added the tilt/shift to make it look as if you were looking at a miniature model and also to make the rider and the road stand out more.

The photo was show with the Canon G10 I've been playing with. It has been a great P&S as long as you treat it more like a clunky rangefinder than a miniature DSLR. I am, however, also contemplating picking up an LX3 later on so I can get a 24mm angle again and also a camera I can shoot at ISO 400. I use to shoot with 2 or 3 Leicas slung around my neck when I shot film, so I guess this would be digital equivalent?

2 comments:

mel said...

Fantastic shot!!!

jhaygood said...

Have to add my vote for the LX3. Not without flaws, but man it's worth it for the lens (and with the image stabilization you can shoot at f2 down to 1/6th second or slower - crazy).