Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Bike Burrito

I posted this on BikeCommuters.com, but I thought it might be of interest here as well.

I've been working with a local crafter, Jayme, on making what we've dubbed the Bike Burrito. It's a funky take on the classic tool roll! It's simple, classy and utilitarian. It fits your basic tools, a spare tube and even a candy bar. You can either lash it to your seat rails, or directly to a rear rack or just toss the whole thing in a pannier. When you unfold it, it gives you a nice contrasty surface to lay parts on.







Anyway, here are some pics. Visit the site and send her an email to place your order (she does custom colors too!) today.




6 comments:

Justin August said...

VO or Riv used to offer this same thing made out of a piece of waxed canvas. I still use mine all the time.

Anonymous said...

Riv - I keep debating getting one. Maybe one of these days I'll stop by there and pick one up.

RussRoca said...

I've never been to the Riv store....I have to make a trek out there one of these days!

Justin August said...

Just search for burrito at rivbike.com: Voila.

Gino Zahnd said...

I like the design. Given the three dollar price tag, waterproofness and durability of the RBW burrito wrap, I'd be hesitant to switch something made of soft-ish cotton.

Provide the same design in a heavy duck canvas, and I'll buy it.

jamie said...

Only the exterior is made of the printed fabric, but the interior is made of duck canvas.