Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm Back!...and some snaps!


Beer. Good beer. The reason for our trip. We ended up visiting all the Pizza Ports!


Got back a few hours ago from our bike adventure this weekend. It was an awesome trip and one that I would highly recommend for So. Cal locals. We ended up visiting all the Pizza Ports in Southern California.

The trip was also a test of the Ortlieb Shuttle Bike as a piece of touring luggage (more on that later) and the Canon G10 as a touring camera. I'll write more about both after I get some rest :) For now, here are some snaps from the trip!

Check out my Flickr Set for more.


Laura climbing up Del Dios Highway, a popular route for roadies.

Pulled off the side of the road to take in the view.

A view from Del Dios Highway...lots o climbing.

The start of our journey on the Blue Line. By the trip was through we had ridden a Metro train, a MetroLink train and an Amtrak train! The great Los Angeles train hat trick.

The hike and bike at San Clemente.

Riding through San Onofre.

Chuck, the owner of Pacific Coast Cycles in Oceanside. A must stop for epicurean cyclists. The only shop I've been to where there was a Gilles Berthoud bag, TA cranks and Honjo Fenders in the store!

2 comments:

blackmountaincycles said...

Very cool you found Chuck's shop. I worked there in the 80s/90s. Unknown to me at the time, Chuck was my mentor into the bicycle industry. It's his shop that is the inspiration for my shop.

Mike

RussRoca said...

Mike..

What a small world! I didn't get to talk to Chuck for very long, but I could tell he was a pretty knowledgeable and interesting person. The shop was just "different." Not the regular cookie-cutter fare. I really wish I could have spent more time there to take a closer look at the bikes...i may have to make a trip in that direction just to pick up a bike!