* The Buena Vista is a true mixte with the double top tube/stays.
* This is not just for the ladies. "Mixte" (pronounced "MEExt") is French for "mixed" or "unisex"and fully envisioned for both men and women from the beginning. North Americans have come to pronounce it "mix-ty". Both are acceptable to use.
* Ride characteristics/geometry is somewhere between road sport and touring
* An oversized butted downtube makes this frame stiffer than the mixtes of the 70's.
* Removable decals make it easier for you to customize your ride
* Four sizes to start: 42, 50, 54, 58cm
* Horizontal dropouts w/hanger allows you to run it with a rear derailleur, with internal geared hubs, or single speed
* Downtube shifter bosses
* Rack and fender braze-ons
* Bosses for single bottle cage
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Is Mixte the new Fixie?
Well, probably not yet. Though I did see a really nice one at last nights bike advocacy meeting (photos soon). SOMA seems to think there's some interest. Check out their blog about more information on their Buena Vista. (thanks to RL from Bikecommuters.com for the tip.)